Tom MacIntyre

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:17:45 GMT, "jeff"
wrote:

what kind of a deal is best buys' 23" symphonic tv for $105,after
rebate?

The general consensus here, which I'm *hoping* isn't true, is that the
inexpensive TVs manufactured by Funai (symphonic/emerson/sylvania, et al)
*typically* only last a year or two tops. One thing that seems nice about
the Symphonic 23", is that the 23" size gives you a significantly larger
viewing area than a 20" while still not being excessively heavy. The total
shipping weight of the TV is around 64 pounds, (the TV itself is around 55
pounds), so I *think* an average guy who is in reasonably good shape could
get it into the car (if the box fits), and then carry it from the car to the
house without a 2nd person.

That's why one occasionally sees a TV box in the middle of a Wal-Mart
parking lot. :-)

Tom