Dan_Musicant

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:27:38 -0700, "SQLit" wrote:

:
:"Dan_Musicant" wrote in message
.. .
: I just visited my mechanic yesterday and had a chat with him. Again, I
: noticed a device he has which is a pressurized tank that he uses as a
: sort of custom aerosol. He can fill it part way with some solution and
: pressurize it up to over 100 PSI and spray from it. I guess it is about
: 1/2 gallon capacity. It's shaped like a fat version of those small
: propane tanks.
:
: I've looked for something like this in vain at my local auto parts store
: - Kragen. My mechanic tells me he bought it from a Wurth distributor who
: used to visit his shop every month or so. He tells me that he thinks
: that Kent may also distribute or make one. He figures he paid around $50
: for his.
:
: I want this as a sort of high performance cleaning tool. They were
: recommended to me as such. I have the Dust Off stuff they sell at
: Costco, but the pressure's pretty weak out of those. I figure I can use
: my tire inflator to pump 100 PSI into it, if I can get one. Does anyone
: know a good place where I can pick up one of these? I live in Berkeley,
: CA. Thanks!
:
: Dan
:
:Harbor Freight sells them.
:
Yeah! That's it! I actually first heard of this from a guy at a machine
shop who fixed an old motor of mine. He said he thought I should think
about getting myself a Sure Shot pressurizable tank to clean out the
motor when I needed to (and similar tasks). I looked at Kragen Auto
Parts, asked my mechanic, checked out a few other local places and
couldn't find anything.

Harbor Freight sells the Sure Shot itself:

Thanks!!!