Jeff Wisnia

Ignoramus31471 wrote:
I have a particular rotary switch with an about 2mm thick stem. It is
made of some sort of steel. The stem on it is broken. It is an 11
position switch, kinda hard to find although I have seen 11 position
rotary switches (whose positions do not match the markings on the
device).

I would like to know if there is a simple way of mending that
switch. Maybe silver brazing or using some sort of a drill and tap
mini screw with loktite. Any thoughts on this?

thanks

Is it something simple enough so that you could make a working
functional duplicate with a little lathe work and some judicious filing
to form the flat on the shaft?

Back when I was a kid, and the only power tool the family owned was a
1/4" electric drill, I was able to make small "turned parts" for model
aircraft and the like with little more than that drill and an assortment
of files and hacksaw blades.

HTH,

Jeff

--