Glenna Rose

writes:

Isn't it something the way these things work on us. There's absolutely
nothing quantifiable in what you posted Mike. It's all subjective.
But...
it's the way things go. I have a Remington 870 that I use just for deer
hunting. As hunting goes, I much prefer bow hunting than gun hunting, but
when shotgun and rifle season comes around I find myself anxious for it,
and
loving it when I head out into the woods with that 870. I just love the
feel of that gun in my hands. Nothing quantifiable about it. The 870
stands on its own as a first rate firearm, but I'm talking about a love
affair that goes way beyond the merits of a shotgun. Where I hunt one
could
make a good case for having a 30-06 in the gun cabinet, but I just use
that
870. It's all about the way it feels in my hands. Well, that and the
number of deer that have met their fate in front of that gun. My other
guns
are all nothing more than utilitarian devices to me. I could sell any one
of them and never really miss them. There is indeed a certain irrational
aspect to this stuff.
--

So very true. About 18 months ago, I started sewing again after a 20-year
rest (the same time as my woodworking, if one can call mine woodworking).

The new circular saw I bought, also a Craftsman, just isn't the old one!
It just doesn't feel right in my hands, and I find myself often using a
much smaller and less effective one purchased at a yard sale. It's been
over ten years, and it should have worked its way into my affections by
now (or is that "sawn" its way?).

Any suggestions as to a way to learn to love the new one will be
considered. The old and the new were/are both 7.25 inch saws, so it's not
the weight, etc., or likely anything rational.

Glenna