Seri

Default bath along or across joists? (further stories from the house fromhell)

Save me please from the house that bodger built.

Short:
This house has the bath running 'along' the joists, a crack has
developed in the back wall that the bath runs against.
Could the weight of the bath have caused this crack?
Should the bath be running 'across' the joists?

Long:
This house was purchased from Wayne and Waynetta slob, they purchased it
from Waynes DIY bodger father.
This house needs rewiring.
This house needs new ceilings.
This house needs a new boiler.
This house needs some new radiators.
This house needs new windows.

You get the idea, this house needs a lot of work and had a masterful
spot of cosmetic cover up done to it before it was put on the market for
a mug like me to buy. My own fault, should have paid out for a full survey.

It does mean that I can't trust anything in this house to have been done
properly.
When I first saw the crack appear on the back wall of the kitchen, after
pondering a little, I thought that when they had moved the back door
across the wall a little they simply hadn't put in the proper supporting
blocks.
Now that I can see the crack runs all the way up to bathroom I'm
wondering if it could be caused instead by the weight of the bath being
only on one or two joists.

Could this be the case?

Any help would be extremely appreciated as whenever I look around this
house now days I simply see £ signs instead of anything else.

Thanks for any help.

Seri

--
Seri Al-Najjar

to reply just remove the spam and eggs from my email address