Nick Hull

In article ,
Old Nick wrote:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:11:43 -0500, Nick Hull
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

hmmmmm..If I set up a dialler for every sensor I would have a real $$
situation. This is mainly for protection when nobody is at home. I
want to know, that I am being burgled, from a distance.

You don't have a dialer for every sensor, you have one dialer that dials
tha same pager number every time then adds DTMF tones corresponding to
the sensor. For example, if someone drives in my driveway that is #26
so my pager reads 26-26-26. This is EZ to do with a cheap Radio Shack
dialer that holds 100 numbers by pushing 2 buttons. I only use 6
buttons (1-6) so I have 36 codes from 11 to 66 although I could use all
100 with a few extra wires.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/