willshak

On 12/31/2004 9:35 AM US(ET), Duane Bozarth took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

xrongor wrote:

sigh.

c) lets see your cite for this exploding tire.

Chill...while he shewed lack of knowldege, tires do burst rather more
frequently than one might hope...that's why truck tires are remounted in
the heavy cages...to capture potential shrapnel...

It was really much worse in the days of old split rims, but that wasn't
so much the tire exploding as the locking ring not holding...

I was a truck mechanic for a short while back in the late 50s. One of my
least favorite jobs was changing a split ring truck tire. I would place
the wheel on a work bench and then inflate it while I ducked down next
to the workbench with only my one hand, holding the inflater, above the
tire. Fortunately, I never had one blow off, but I only did a few of them.

--
Bill