Hi Mark.

Your point about a novice is a good one. I have no intention of
tampering with something as nice as this unit, and possibly causing
more harm than good.

I have a couple of "junkers" that would make better learning fodder...

However, I do have a couple of friends that serviced Vacuum tube/early
solid state equipment, and they have helped me in the past get audio
gear up and running.

They have been more than gracious in their aid to help, but I hate to
impose on them.

So, by posting on this ng, I can get a better better grasp of
electronic circuitry, and narrow down what the trouble with a unit
might be.

I can learn, as well as do the legwork in gathering schematics,
knowledge, and parts.

From what very little electronic circuitry experience that I have had,

I suspected a leaky/faulty capacitor, (possibly more than one) causing
an "unbalanced" signal back to the relay.

By the way, I had a Marantz that had almost identical symptoms, and it
turned out to be one of the rail 10000uf 63v capacitors that was
faulty.

I am wondering if the problem with this unit might also be one or both
of the the rail caps???

I am searching for a schematic for this unit, and hopefully will be
able to have some idea what the problem is prior to asking one of my
buddies to help.

Thanks

Mark