indago

041231 0738 - Mikepier posted:

I recently bought a house that has gas hot air heat. While it does a
good job, I am noticing the basement is always cooler than the rest of
the house even after opening up all the registers in the basement. I
would like to add supplemental heat in the basement on it's own
thermostat. Is it possible to add hot water baseboard heat off an
existing hot water heater I have in the basement? I thought I heard at
one time it can be done.

You would probably be better off to leave your water heater alone and
install the hot water baseboard system with a new small electric water
heater and a circulating pump. You could just turn it on during the winter
months. The system would probably run maintenance free for a long time.