berkshire bill

"none" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:41:50 -0600, "jakdedert"
wrote:

"willshak" wrote in message
On 12/29/2004 11:18 PM US(ET), Fred took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

No kidding! I thought GE still made them.

B&D bought GE's small appliance division, not the large appliance
division. The small appliances are probably still made in the former GE
plants with former GE workers...

...which are probably all in China.

jak

GE hasn't actually used American workers to make any kind of appliance
for some time.
Just one more reason they're known as "Generous Electric".

Around here I would call it Gone Eccentric. They might have been right or
wrong in getting out of the Power Transformer business but that left six
thousand without jobs a few years back. Recently Plastics brought fifty or
sixty people from India and Mexico here to train as accounts
payable/receivable clerks and help desk assistants. Those people eventually
went back to their countries with the jobs that were done here. Of course,
the people doing the training here in the States are now unemployed. They
may "Bring good things to life" but they can ruthlessly destroy good lives
also.

Bill