Glenna Rose

writes:

I would assume that someone with 20 years of building experience would
know that "u" is not a word.

Gawd. I'm a professional secretary, or have been many years of my life
(even had a service bureau for 12 years), and I send text messages such as:
"R U going 2 B there 2?" Of course, in a letter, it's an entirely
different matter, more like "Do your plans include attending the event?"
(yeah,right!)

I must admit, even in text messaging, I usually overcome the urge to
abbreviate, most likely much to the consternation of my eldest son.

Yup, in some sit-u-a-tions, "u" is a word.g

And, no, spell checkers don't catch such things as: There read dog chaste
the dear.

Glenna
who has tomorrow off and
new wood in the garage and