Old Nick

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:11:43 -0500, Nick Hull
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

hmmmmm..If I set up a dialler for every sensor I would have a real $$
situation. This is mainly for protection when nobody is at home. I
want to know, that I am being burgled, from a distance.

Perimeter protection comes next. I had wondered about having a
screamer in every room, attached to the external entries for that
room. That's for when people are at home to stop (well...sigh...deter)
invasion.

My solution to those problems is 2-fold. I don't have 'zones', each
sensor has its own alarm so I know exactly what is happening. Second, I
have 'alarms' OUTSIDE the house so I get a heads-up BEFORE a break-in.
For example, I have a driveway sensor that counts wheels, so I can tell
the difference between a UPS truck and my wife's car. I can also tell
when someone is turning the doorknob without the door opening, like a
burglar 'casing' the joint.