Roger Shoaf

"James Lerch" wrote in message

So, here's the question, Anyone know of anyone with a metal brake near
Tampa, Florida area or South that might like to barter some powder
coating, welding, telescope building, shop floor sweeping work in
exchange for bending 6 piece of 48 x 2 x 0.06" aluminum?

(Oh and the broke brake story... First it started bowing, so I clamped
the crude out of it with addition angle iron. Then the hinges bent,
which I beat back into position and welded in additional support. The
grande finally led to the handle bending, which caused me to lose my
grip and smack my elbow into one of the clamps I added to hold the
angle iron in place, then in moment of angered stupidity, I kicked it,
it fell over and promptly cut my OA torch hoses in half... To add
insult to injury, the piece of sheet metal was just as flat as when I
started! )

With enough experience (*) you will know when you are having one of those
days and quit for the day and retire to an upholstered chair, put your feet
up, pop a cold one and wait for another day.

(* Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!)

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.