Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 06:06:00 GMT, Patriarch
wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote in
:

snip
I made tremendous
strides on my entertainment center -- got all 12 drawers cut and
assembled, as of this afternoon, 8 of them have been installed.
Sidenote: the 12 drawers were an addition to the WoodSmith plan. One
of those,"I can add drawers instead of shelves, it shouldn't be that
much extra work" dumb ideas. Oh, "and I'll do rabbeted 1/2 blind
dovetails since they'll look better" just to add another bunch of
hours to the process.

I've learned that, at some point, it's just 'showing off', the wife gets
real impatient, and I just want the darn thing finished and off of the
bench. If I'd have kept it simpler to begin with, it would likely have
been better, because I would have been interested all of the way to the
end.

So far, she's been quite patient and is happy with how things are turning
out. With the exception of the rabbetted part, this was good practice for
the kitchen drawers for the remodel to follow building the bunk-bed/study
center for our son -- so, say 3 years down the road. ;-)

Anybody remember "Short Attention Span Theater"?

Patriarch

Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry