Groggy

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 06:09:37 +0200, Phil Hansen
wrote:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:21:21 GMT, "Groggy"
wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message ...
IMHO corded drills lag way behind cordless when it comes to finessing a
screw into wood.

I agree, my comments were in relation to drilling only. For driving, I use a
Metabo "zucchini" driver which is without peer.

Hi Greg,
Is that the 4.8v 'Powergrip'? Looked at one as my old B&D is getting
tired. The Metabo is a bit pricy here but the size seems ideal for
getting into small places as opposed to the long B&D.
BTW How is the saw?

Howzit Phil!

Yes, the Metabo is a Powergrip.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pricing=INC&pf_id=20564&lkid=58&cid=ON VBSPQYMMLCCIGTEQ63ZJ3DZRGYXKP9

One of the things I like about it most people would probably think of
as a drawback - it can't be used as a drill. Unless you are desperate
of course. I particularly wanted a dedicated driver due to the fact
every time I had to drive a screw I had to replace a drill bit first,
I found it took a lot of time to fiddle around, hence the dedicated
driver.

This thing has incredible torque and, once you get used to the funny
feel of it, it seems to be able to get into just about anywhere.
Cabinet work is great with it. I got one as a retirement gift to
myself a while ago (before I started a new job - hehe). I can't recall
needing to recharge a battery during the day, and I always put one on
charge once it is cold (usually first thing in the morning). If you
can, get the holster and toss the torch (flashlight Keith).

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pricing=INC&pf_id=20576&recno=3&cid=ON VBSPQYMMLCCIGTEQ63ZJ3DZRGYXKP9

BUFF the new saw is the best thing I have bought in years, Just being
able to rip a large panel perfectly square first go is such a time
saver. Miters are perfect 45 deg and it has so much power I am
treating it with a lot of respect. I would have preferred a left-tilt
(since that's what my previous saw was) but I am getting used to
BUFF's way of doing things. Dust collection isn't perfect but I am
working on it, it still spits a bit out in the 7 o'clock position.

I now have GP, plywood (300mm) and dado (250mm) blades.

cheers and Happy New Year

Greg

PS Did SA get any large surges from the tsunami? I only saw minimal
activity on the north west shores (I wonder what the effect will be on
temperatures in the coming years).