Prometheus

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:26:41 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

Prometheus wrote:

tuning- IMO, it's much less time-consuming and more rewarding just to
find someone who knows what the heck they're doing to at least take a
look at your plane, and tell you how to fix it up!

Oh fooey. I've never had anything but. I don't think I know anyone under
the age of 80 who has ever actually used a hand plane. (In three
dimensions anyway. Sure, lotsa you electronic type invisible people on the
other side of this piece of shiny glass.)

Nothing wrong with finding old folks- they're a wealth of information
about all sorts of things. Your "80" figure is a bit high, though.
They were still using hand planes in the local schools 20 years ago,
so there are bound to be a few around who know what they're doing.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam