From: C

We will replacing all of the doors in our house.

The current doors were cut very far up from the floor, leaving quite a gap
between them and the floor/thresholds below.

When I replace the new doors, I certainly don't want to cut as much off
when fitting them. What is the standard amount of space to leave between
the door and threshold? Is there a standard?

Thanks!

The standard is, the bottom of the door should clear any area or throw rugs and
ww carpet.

If you have forced air heat or A/C with only central returns, many people find
a larger gap under the door provides for better air flow wnem bedroom doors are
closed.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of the AC issue. I'll have to think about
that a bit.

Thanks!