Mark & Juanita

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:12:42 GMT, Unisaw A100 wrote:

George wrote:
Now that the last of the kids has been packed off to college it is time
to have some fun...

I'm doing an experiment this week between Christmas and New
Years to see if retirement life can be fun for me. So far
the early results indicate a resounding yes. Sadly it's not
an experiment I can continue.

sigh...

I got to do that experiment for the past 3 weeks (had some PTO I *had* to
take). Yep, I could be a retired person, nope, can't afford to be a
retired person. :-( I do know that, as long as sufficient funds are
available to fund my habit, I would *not* be bored. I made tremendous
strides on my entertainment center -- got all 12 drawers cut and assembled,
as of this afternoon, 8 of them have been installed. Sidenote: the 12
drawers were an addition to the WoodSmith plan. One of those,"I can add
drawers instead of shelves, it shouldn't be that much extra work" dumb
ideas. Oh, "and I'll do rabbeted 1/2 blind dovetails since they'll look
better" just to add another bunch of hours to the process.

Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry