Ba r r y

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:13:19 -0500, "George" george@least wrote:

Admitedly this dialup guy didn't wait for them to load completely

Doesn't matter, I'm on a 6-7 MB/s unrestricted DSL "test line", with
it's own OC3 back to a Global Service Provider POP, and it still took
a long time for the photo to paint. G

It's CLASSIC birch blotch.

An alcohol-based sealer would help on two levels, slowing absorbtion in the
non-burnished, and giving a mild water set to the burnished and hardened.

I always seal birch with full strength Seal Coat, and use high quality
Behlen's or Mohawk stains, which are dry brushed to even them out.
It would have prevented this problem as well.

Barry