Dave in Fairfax

Patriarch wrote:
I bought a good drill press for maybe $300. Good used lathes are for
sale all the time. But I'm afraid of a good lathe. All the wood
turners I know chase tree trimmers, fill their basements with half-
turned bowls wrapped in plastic and newspaper, and upgrade to a better,
multi-thousand dollar machine every couple of years.
I already am trying to get one addiction under control. There are at
least a dozen handtools here, which I haven't used yet. ;-)

You're missing the point. You get the lathe, and hang the planes
around the edges of the stand. That's why they have those holes
near the ends. %-)

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader