Edwin Pawlowski

Default central vac as DC

Has anyone ever tried to use their central vacuum system for dust

collection?

The unit seems to be roughly the same size as the home shop dust

collectors

I've seen. The thing has good sucking power, but the concern I have is

the

intake port. It's only 1.5 inches in diameter. Is this enough to handle

the

job, or should I spend the cash on a real DC?

The Vac will be OK for a sander, maybe the router. It is not going to work
with a planer or jointer. The small inlet will not take the amount of chips
you get when a 12" board makes a pass through the planer.