Rich

Ignoramus25901 wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:37:02 -0500, Rich Hare wrote:

Ignoramus25901 wrote:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:29:06 -0500, Rich wrote:

At the risk of being labeled a thief and a cheat...
I'd like to ask: How DO you download and render these binary files?
Frankly, after seeing there are several hundred of them, I'm not sure
I'll have the patience to do so, but I'd like to try a few of them.

Now, for those who think this is an immoral thing to do (like my
top-posting), I'd just like to say that I OWN as copy of Machinery's
Handbook, and my use of these files would be to print out, perhaps
enlarged, selected pages for use in my shop... tap drill sizes or tubing
wall thicknesses or some such.

Forte agent can reassemble these articles and decode them.

I use my own perl scripts for it, but for you, forte agent is the way
to go. I already burned my CD-Rom with this wonderful handbook.

Thank you, i...
I got Forte agent and downloaded the 33 files. Then I got WINRAR to
decode and assemble them. NOW I am left with a single 460 meg file with
.bin filetype.

good job. You should have a big .BIN and a small .CUE file, instead of
only one .BIN file as you are describing. If you do not have the CUE
file, I can email you one, but you'd be unlikely to not have it. You
now need to burn the CD with, say, Nero Burning ROM or some other
windows utility that burns those files and recognizes .BIN and .CUE
files. I am personally using linux and CDRDAO for recording, but as a
windows user, you need something windows specific. You are very close
to your goal, do not despair.

I'm at the limit of my technical ability on THIS one!
What do I do next?

See if your CD burning program supports burning BIN/CUE files. These
are very common format.

Yes Yes Yes Yes YES!
Did a little research on Google and now I understand BIN and CUE!
I have NERO!
BUT!
I have a corrupted file, somewhere.
Tomorrow, I will try to figure out how to re-download some of the .rar
files with Forte and see if I can salvage this out. I've got MANY hours
into this project at this time. All this because I bought a new HF lathe!

Rich