ADC

ahhh..good points. thanks!
"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
No reason to go ventless since you have a chimney. Ventless will
definitely have a smell so don't do it. In texas it may not be worth
doing the insert...... they cost quite a bit of change.

"ADC" wrote in message
Have the doors...spent a pretty penny getting them custom made since the
opening was very large. I might look into an insert or just go
ventless/gas log. Thanks!
"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
Get glass doors. The fireplace is an energy hog without them. Better
yet get a gas insert. Expensive but my cat loves it. Some are as
efficient as furnaces. In any case get a chimney cap made out of
stainless steel and also cap the masonry.

"ADC" wrote in message
i would expect the fireplace to smell like burnt wood, but not the rest
of the house. An odor is coming from the fireplace...my living room
smeels like burnt wood.
"Matt" wrote in message
ups.com...
Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't a place where you burn wood
smell like a place where wood get's burned in?

I have 3 fireplaces, and strangely enough - they all smell like they
have had a fire in them at some point.

Sorry, don't really mean to come off as such a S.A., but I don't
understand the problem.