John Dough

Do you know if the unit chipped?

There could b e a number of causes for this - the first thing to do would be
to open it up and check the ribbon cables. If that fails you will have to
completely open it up and check the fuses on the board. All labelled PS
(there about 15 or 16 of them)

Does nothing come on the screen? Does the fan spin?

"Stefan Toftevall" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,
A customer brought his PS2 to me (I run a repairshop) with this
problem:
When power is turned on, the red led begins to light on the front.
When pressing the button, the unit should turn on the blue led aswell,
while reading the disc. But that never happens. The blue led is never
turned on.
The tray doesn't open, and no mechanism parts move. Though, the red
led turns green like it should.
First thought this could be from a powersupply problem but it doesn't
appear so. Further, there are no videosignal sent out of the unit.
Any advice is appreciated,
Regards, Stefan.