Norman D. Crow

"Joe Gorman" wrote in message
snip
I've still got that router table and router, from the Sears in New
London CT circa 1981. Had to replace the shaft locking mechanism
but it's pretty much permanently mounted with at 3/8" round over
bit in it. Only adjustments are when I want to knock less than
that off, and I drop the body a little father down. Of course
when I stopped at the parts place to order the parts I picked up
another router, with built in vac attachment and bag. It's been
OK for what little I've used it.
Joe

Don't know which table y'all are talking about. Family gave me one for b'day
about 8yr. ago, the "professional" model. I mounted it on a permanent
platform. The more I learn here, the more I wish for something better, but
it has served me adequately. Someone said it wouldn't accommodate their B&D
router, same here, as that's all I had @ the time. I marked, drilled &
tapped the B&D base to mount it in the table. There is another way though .
.. Sears makes a "universal adapter" plate for the table so it will accept
other routers.

--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.