Mike Patterson

On 30 Dec 2004 16:53:11 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:12:24 GMT, Bullwinkle J. Moose wrote:
Does the Ronco Popeil Pocket Fisherman count?

No, I think those are stipulated to be useless before you buy them. I
_think_ the topic here is things which were surprisingly useless?

You know, the Pocket Fisherman gets a lot of bad press, but as long as
you didn't expect it to act like your $100 rod/reel, it was OK.

My dad received one for Christmas one year and didn't want it, so I
carried it around in my trunk and used it every once in a while when
I'd be out somewhere and decide to go fishing without having to go
home first to get my "real" rig.

I never had to try reeling in a 10 lb. speckled trout with it, but it
worked fine for light-duty work. Caught a few bass, crappie, and
catfish with it.

Only real (reel?) problem I had with it was trying to get new line on
the reel was frustrating.

MP
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin