Rich Hare

Ignoramus25901 wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:29:06 -0500, Rich wrote:

At the risk of being labeled a thief and a cheat...
I'd like to ask: How DO you download and render these binary files?
Frankly, after seeing there are several hundred of them, I'm not sure
I'll have the patience to do so, but I'd like to try a few of them.

Now, for those who think this is an immoral thing to do (like my
top-posting), I'd just like to say that I OWN as copy of Machinery's
Handbook, and my use of these files would be to print out, perhaps
enlarged, selected pages for use in my shop... tap drill sizes or tubing
wall thicknesses or some such.

Forte agent can reassemble these articles and decode them.

I use my own perl scripts for it, but for you, forte agent is the way
to go. I already burned my CD-Rom with this wonderful handbook.

Thank you, i...
I got Forte agent and downloaded the 33 files. Then I got WINRAR to
decode and assemble them. NOW I am left with a single 460 meg file with
..bin filetype. I'm at the limit of my technical ability on THIS one!
What do I do next?

Rich
(Bottom posting out of courtesy to i.)