Duane Bozarth

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:23:12 -0600, Duane Bozarth
calmly ranted:

Larry Jaques wrote:
B&D belt sander. This one is over 30 years old and has seen about
3 hours total work in that time. ...

Is it the 735 3x24 by any chance? I'll be more than happy to pay you
for it plus shipping...I have worn two out and can't find anything
currently made that I like for balance anyways near as much...

Newp, it's a 7447, a primarily plastic 3x21" beastie.
Balance? Bwahahahahah!

Rats!!! The 735 was the metal casing, motor between the wheels
design...unfortunately, the geared drive shaft (which is the rotor) is
the weak link in that design as there's a real size problem to get it
all to fit in the available space...

Unfortunately, the particular gears that are worn are no longer
available to repair mine...

Check over on rec.crafts.metalworking. Maybe someone there is bored to
tears and will make them for you to fend off the boredom.

Hmmm....thanks for the thought...I'll give it a shot...