John, in MN

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 06:46:11 GMT, Steve Knight
wrote:

My vacuum kiln is driving me nuts. after spending way too much time on it I
broke down and bought tthese heating pads
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF?PMPAGE=4470 the silicone rubber pads

I use 4 all together the 700 watt ones and I use two controllers
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF?PMPAGE=4470

The robotemp controllers on bottom. Well so far I have had two units fail and
just kick on the full heat. Well that is pretty hard on the wood. One has been
working fine but I sure cant trust it. it ****es me off spending 80.00 and they
are unreliable.
I just want a simple dial to choose the temp.I don't need a thermostat to keep
the temp at a certain level.
are the router speed controls what I am after? I have one on hand.

Steve,
Being you don't need actual thermostat action and adjusting the heat
level manually works, a router control should work fine. 700 watts
is is only about 6 amps and well within specs for most router
controls. Using 2 heaters on one control long term might be too much
current for some to handle.

--
John, in Minnesota