Percival P. Cassidy

But the fasteners have now punctured both the waterproof layer created
by the application of Dry-Lok and the plastic sheeting.

Our basement walls had already been painted or treated with Dry-Lok or
something of that type (I have no means of knowing what), so I used
heavy plastic sheeting between the wall and the studs, but I anchored
the new bottom and top plates only to the floor and the joists and did
not fasten the studs to the walls.

Perce

On 12/29/04 09:42 pm Bob_M tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

While I am not a builder I did have our basement finished a few years
ago. What the builder did was to "seal" ALL the concrete with Dry-Lok
clear sealer then covered the walls with thick plastic sheeting. The
wall studs were then attached to the walls with special fasteners
"shot" out of a gun.

We've had ZERO problems with moisture with this method.