willshak

On 12/30/2004 10:48 AM US(ET), ADC took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

Update from previous post. I have a "campfire" smell coming from my
woodburning fireplace. It's been used once (this Christmas Eve) in at least
20 years.

Do you mean it smells like burnt urine? :-)

Had a chimney sweep come out to clean it to see if it would help remove the
smell. He said there was no creosote build-up in the chimney and said he
would clean it, but it didn't need it. The smell seems to be coming from
the fire box (brick and morter).

Any other ideas on how to get rid of the smell? I've got a pan of baking
soda sitting there now. Anything better? TIA!

--

Bill