Larry Jaques

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 00:37:12 GMT, "Chuck Hoffman"
calmly ranted:

Not aimed directly at the last poster but just a general observation:

It's amazing how many of us hold onto stuff we'll never (again) use. Many
times, the plaintive cry is, "But it's worth more than I can get out of it."
Wrong. It's worth exactly NOTHING sitting unused on your shelf. If you
sold it to someone, that would accomplish two things: 1) give a disused
piece of equipment new life, and 2) put a few bucks in your pocket which you
could use to buy wood for a new project.

A couple of my friends have been teaching me that lesson. They refer
to the tools/etc. I own as "sunk costs". You've already paid it and
you'll never get that back. Anything you get for it is money in your
pocket, so just DO it! On the shelf, unused, it's worth nothing, as
you stated.

I'll apologize for offending someone...right
after they apologize for being easily offended.
http://www.diversify.com Inoffensive Web Design