Rex B

"Tim Killian" wrote Truth be told, a simple window
sticker probably
offers as much deterrence as any wired or wireless alarm system. Most
thieves give themselves 60 seconds to enter, and 2-3 minutes to grab what
they can (guns, jewelry, cameras, etc.) and scoot before police can
arrive. On inside jobs or jobs where they have definite knowledge of the
owners schedule, they can spend more time and really haul away the big
stuff. In these cases, a working alarm can really limit the losses.

I agree. My shop was cleaned out, apparently at leisure, a few years ago. I
have since installed a cheap RS alarm which has worked fine for 3 years or
more. It came with 2 stickers for the doors, which are probably the single
biggest deterrant. No problems ince.

Be careful in letting delivery people see valuables and never discuss shop
tools or contents with salesmen, newspaper types, or people you know will
blab it around the town.

Yep. My theft occured a month or so after I had a yard sale at the shop. A
number of people seemed more interested in the shop contents than the sale
items.