Leonard Caillouet

Easy. If you want the most for your money, get a Mitsubishi, Hitachi, Sony,
or Toshiba CRT based RPTV. Decide which one based on which has the best
servicer in your area who is very familiar with the product, preferably a
self servicing dealer. All sets will have at least the NTSC tuner in them,
so you won't have to use the VCR for a tuner. Don't waste the $ on an
extended warranty. Get the Digital Video Essentials disc and learn how to
adjust the set properly and get HD signals as soon as possible. You will
love it.

Leonard

"Andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Andy writes:

My wife wants a big screen TV, about 52 inches or so,
and we see a lot of them at Walmart, Circuit City, Frye's,
etc.

Prices range from $998 to $5000. All I want is a
HDTV monitor, as I can use a VCR for the tuner now, and
add a HD tuner when it gets more common in my area.

So, does anyone here have direct experience with what is
good and what is not ? Also, any recommendations about
warranties would be appreciated..

Andy