Norman D. Crow

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:54:12 +0000, LRod
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:52:12 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"LRod" wrote in message
. ..

I discovered long ago that the step drill bit for my Kreg jig works a
lot better in a corded drill than the cordless.

I discover that in the owners manual.

What's that? Is that like directions? I have a box full of them
somewhere.

IMHO corded drills lag way behind cordless when it comes to finessing a
screw into wood.

unless you're building a fence...
my neighbor has a corded screw gun that kicks ass... when we did my
fence, he did all the screws on 130' of fence in about 7 hours...
we figured later that between the stringers and pickets, he drove
about 1,300 2 1/2" screws that day..

Yabbut, now you're talking apples and oranges. I have a corded DW
deck/drywall screwgun that as you say, "kicks ass". That nose piece for
adjusting the head depth is there for a reason. I took mine off once for
some reason, and sunk a 3 1/2" screw most of the way through a tubafor
before I could pull away or get off the trigger. Used it for the drywall
during recent remodel at Daughter's house, and it was great. Consistent head
placement, where the cordless with a torque clutch would do just OK,
sometimes not setting the head, sometimes setting it too deep.

--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.