Alan Sung

wrote in message
oups.com...
Al,

I actually just shortened the collar ties and moved them up about 6',
then reinforced each rafter from the kneewall to the peak. The collar
ties are still in place, so I should have indicated that after I moved
them, I reinstalled them up higher.

Regarding the R-30, since I only have 2x6 roof rafters, I think that
R-24 is probably about as high as I'm going to be able to get. Do you
have any ideas how I could achieve more than the R-24 (afforably, of
course)?

Polyisocyanurate has a higher R-value per inch than does FOAMULARŪ.
2" Poly = R-13, 1 1/2" Poly = R-9.8
Here's a link to the John Mansville page on this stuff:
http://www.jm.com/insulation/buildin...022_ap_foil-fa
ced.pdf

Last time I looked at Home Depot, these 4x8 sheets were in the $20-25 range.

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA