Mark D. Zacharias

The price quoted is pretty reasonable in my opinion. I don't think there's
any way the average person could fix this themselves without botching it, no
disrespect intended.

Mark Z.

"mark3189" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have Pioneer Stereo above (all-in-one w/25 disc changer). It no
longer plays CD's; picks them up and everything, but can not read them.
Took it to a shop. They say that the CD lens is missing. Sounds
plausible. Part is $100, difficult to put in so labor $100. Couple of
questions:

1) Part is AEA-7004 CD lens and pick-up assy. It is used on several
other 25 disc models. Any ideas on where I could pick up a used lens or
buy a unit for parts? Ebay doesn't have much.

2) Anyone have experience replacing this? How much knowledge/skill does
it take? I.e. if I bought the part, would it make sense to try it
myself.

The unit is several years old now, but I like the sound quality,
features, etc. Still not sure if it is worth putting $200 into though.
Thanks for any advice.

-Mark