Nick Hull

In article ,
Old Nick wrote:

Police will not respond to monitoring co call unless at least two
Zones have been triggered. If the monitoring co calls me and gets no
reply, they do nothing, unless two zones have been triggered, when
they ring police. If they get me on a one zone call, they either leave
me to call the cops, or will check it out.......within the next half
hour and for $55. For this I pay $500 per year plus their gear.

So I am doing it myself. Basically, as far as I can see, the chances
of catching a burglar 1/2 hour after the fact are zilch. I can go and
check out the premises no problem myself. I pay for home insurance
every year in monitoring fees saved.

My solution to those problems is 2-fold. I don't have 'zones', each
sensor has its own alarm so I know exactly what is happening. Second, I
have 'alarms' OUTSIDE the house so I get a heads-up BEFORE a break-in.
For example, I have a driveway sensor that counts wheels, so I can tell
the difference between a UPS truck and my wife's car. I can also tell
when someone is turning the doorknob without the door opening, like a
burglar 'casing' the joint.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/