willshak

On 12/29/2004 11:18 PM US(ET), Fred took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

No kidding! I thought GE still made them.

B&D bought GE's small appliance division, not the large appliance
division. The small appliances are probably still made in the former GE
plants with former GE workers.

"rae baker" wrote in message

They bought GE appliances a few years ago and since then it has been
down hill.

CJT wrote:

Fred wrote:

In my experience over the past 5 years or so, Black & Decker haven't

made a

decent electric tool/appliance. I have bought one of their small

drills,

then returned it when the motor seized up after 2 months. The

replacement

worked for a year, then the motor developed an open circuit. Same for

small jig saw -- the blade moved up and down at about a 5-degree angle

off

vertical. The same for a small electric screwdriver.

The company must have been taken over by some Wall Street group to

suck the

assets out of it, I don't know. Their stuff used to be quite good,

but now

I wouldn't touch any of their stuff, sorry to say.

Fred

I quit buying their stuff long ago.

Bill