Prometheus

On 29 Dec 2004 08:02:38 -0800, "foggytown" wrote:

And now in a burst of refreshing honesty we're all going to admit to
the most useless, waste-of-money, unnecessary, white elephant, "why the
hell did I ever buy that" tool in our arsenal.

Hands down, my Dremel tool is the most useless POS I've ever used!
I've got all the bells and whistles for it, and it still isn't useful
for a damn thing except for cutting round holes in ceramic tile with a
rotozip bit (poorly, I might add) The sad thing is that this is the
second one I've bought. The first one was a cordless model that I
sold after a month to some poor sucker who thought it was a neat tool,
and then I made the mistake of buying a corded version because I
thought it might work better somehow.

For me it's a B&D "electric file" - basically a needle-nose belt
sander. It's a something that should be handy as hell but it's just
too damned vicious. Touch it to a piece of wood and you have instant
"**** - too much". I've never been able to get anything done with it.
Next?

Yeah, those suck for wood- but they sure are nice for deburring steel
or gouging out hunks of your storm window tracks to wedge in an
air-conditioner!

FoggyTown
"Cut to shape . . . pound to fit."

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam