Rumpty

Purchase yourself a copy of the Mr. Sawdust book "How To Master The Radial
Saw" and you won't have to waste your money on a worthless TS.

http://mrsawdust.com/

--

Rumpty

"Dooler" wrote in message
I'm going to keep it...but still can't help but drool over the
high-end table saws, like a kid in a candy store.

-----------------

"When it comes to Home Depot, I am worse than a woman in a shoe store"
- Clayton

-----------------
My favorite commercial was a guy in the toy store walk down isle with
kid. Kid keeps grabbing things off shelf and father takes them away
putting them back and saying "...you can't have that...leave it
alone...we got to go...". Then he stops. There on shelf is a truck
(chevy? ford?) that is wrapped up like a toy. All they guy says is
"....ooooooh".

-Clayton

On 29 Dec 2004 17:42:02 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Dooler notes:

Just got a magazine on woodworking (and drooling at all the tools).
One thing that is consistent every place I look is that RAS are not
that popular and all How-To's always show table saws.

There are problems with radial arm saws that do not exist with table

saws,
mostly in the area of adjustments. There is also utility that doesn't

exist
with table saws. I'm not sure the two counterbalance, but were I you, I'd

hang
onto the old Craftsman RAS.

There are fewer companies manufacturing consumer level radial arm saws

today
than ever: Craftsman; Delta; Ridgid. I believe that's it. All the rest

(about
four makers) are producing pro level saws that are very pricey.

Charlie Self
"A politician is an animal which can sit on a fence and yet keep both

ears to
the ground." H. L. Mencken