Patriarch

"Norman D. Crow" wrote in
:

"Patriarch" wrote in message
news:n_CAd.39764$k25.30196@attbi_s53...
"foggytown" wrote in
news:1104336158.089897.251330 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

And now in a burst of refreshing honesty we're all going to admit
to the most useless, waste-of-money, unnecessary, white elephant,
"why the hell did I ever buy that" tool in our arsenal.

The whole @#$%ing Shopsmith incident. I donwannatalkaboudit.

Patriarch

C'mon now, it does make a halfway useable lathe and drill press.

I bought a good drill press for maybe $300. Good used lathes are for
sale all the time. But I'm afraid of a good lathe. All the wood
turners I know chase tree trimmers, fill their basements with half-
turned bowls wrapped in plastic and newspaper, and upgrade to a better,
multi-thousand dollar machine every couple of years.

I already am trying to get one addiction under control. There are at
least a dozen handtools here, which I haven't used yet. ;-)

Patriarch