mark

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:02:21 GMT, mark wrote:
A rotozip tool. How can they even sell one? Why did I buy one? I
thought I
could use it to rough out some sheetrock electrical socket holes, but it
was
pretty crappy.

Oh yeah, got one of those too. Also as a gift. Also from SWMBO...
I used it to cut some round cuts on tile (toilet flange), and the tile
got into the front bearing and it squeals like a pig now. Odd that using
a tool in a manner shown on the box would ruin it.

That's funny -- here's a tip for you from someone who hates to throw
anything out. I had it in my hands, on the way to the trash, because mine
squealed exactly like yours. Then I thought, "what the hell, it's only 4
screws. The least I can do is see what makes it tick, then cut the cord off
if it's nothing obviously wrong. So...it wasn't the bearing. The squealing
is caused by the little white finned cooling fan slipping down on the shiny,
polished (yeah, good move) shaft, and contacting the plastic housing. I
clipped mine completely out, and the tool works fine now. I have no idea
what I will EVER use it for, but I did see some kind of cut-off sheel
attachment that looked marginally useful....but probably not. But i didn't
throw it out.