Nate Perkins

"mark" wrote in
:

"Nate Perkins" wrote in message
. 125.201...

I agree with you. I don't have a biscuit joiner. Haven't needed one
yet. I use all mortise and tenon or dovetail. Of course it would be
different if I were doing this for a living and not a hobby.

I use mine for some panel glue-ups. How do you do yours? A spline?
Dowels?

I glue up right after jointing, lightly clamping only 3-4 boards at most at
one time. I make sure the joints are flat at the ends and middle by feel,
and use a rubber mallet to fine position the boards prior to tight
clamping. I do the (wider) final glueup from the sections in the same way.

Works okay for me ... although I can see your point that on a big glueup it
would be very handy to have a biscuit joiner.