Frank

"Roger M." wrote in message
Seriously........Why does one need a jointer??

I have made a beautiful desk, and other furniture that have stood up to
over 20 years of my abuse. I always buy my rough lumber with one side
cut straight, and I take it home to plane, and then rip on my "General"
contractors table saw. I use old fashioned pipe clamps to hold my boards
in place while gluing. When I take the boards to a local saw shop for
sanding even,. they always comment on how straight and even they are ( and
i don't use any type of biscuits or doweling). I will purchase a jointer
if u can tell me what benefits there are in having one. I have wondered
this for quite some years, and am hoping someone can help me. Thanks in
advance.

--
Roger J. Matye

A woman is just a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke !
.......... Rudyard Kipling

Sounds like you don't need a jointer but have some money to spend. So why
not spend the money on a drum sander then you don't have to take it to
someone else to finish off your projects?