sandman

On 29 Dec 2004 08:02:38 -0800, "foggytown" wrote:

And now in a burst of refreshing honesty we're all going to admit to
the most useless, waste-of-money, unnecessary, white elephant, "why the
hell did I ever buy that" tool in our arsenal.

The Original Freud Hot-Air Edge Bander.
I salvaged the hot air gun from it, and use it often , but the rest of
it went with the trash.
Truly one of those tools that should work, and sporadically did work,
but was no time saver compared to a regular iron. Just one major source
of frustration, to the point I 'repaired' it one day with some excess
energy and my lunch bucket ended up flying through the shop as a
punctuation mark.
I was told, several hours later, when the rest of the crew dared to come
close enough to me again, that I had uttered previously unknown words as
I was 'adjusting' the tool with a 5 pound ball-peen hammer.
It was very irresponsible and immature behaviour, but dammit, it felt
great.