Gino

On 29 Dec 2004 17:28:41 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On 29 Dec 2004 08:02:38 -0800, foggytown wrote:
And now in a burst of refreshing honesty we're all going to admit to
the most useless, waste-of-money, unnecessary, white elephant, "why the
hell did I ever buy that" tool in our arsenal.

SWMBO bought me a Black and Decker "sanding mouse" 2 years ago for
Christmas. I've never used it, and she's never asked about it.
As far as woodworking stuff, clamps. I've got too damn many clamps.

It's funny, because the best furniture I've seen made by someone I know
personally came from a guy who had TWO rusty old pipe clamps total.
He made oak furniture, cherry furniture and did it on a clamping table using
wedges and twisted rope.

He used rope twisted tight with a stick to make drawers and boxes and everything
came out perfect.

Just thinking about it brings back the stench of rancid hide glue he always had
bubbling away.