Dooler

Just got a magazine on woodworking (and drooling at all the tools).
One thing that is consistent every place I look is that RAS are not
that popular and all How-To's always show table saws.

Looks like my first purchase probably needs to be some sharpening
stones to work on my father's chisels and old hand planer (I know he
always used files or grinder to sharpen them, so NOT in best of
shape).

Maybe with upcoming tax refund (hope-a-hope-a-hope-a-hope-a-hope) I
might look at a table saw. Definately need to do something about how
to hook my shop vac to RAS as one of things I dread using due to dust
(garage is for other things other than wood working).

-Clayton

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 00:37:57 GMT, Dooler wrote:

I have a Craftsman 10" radial arm saw (inherited from father) that is
25+ years old. Saw is good condition. Since most of what I want to
do is furniture/cabinet work and I have a miter saw and hand power
saw, am looking at possibly selling the radial and getting a ~$200
table saw.

Also, what tools are recommended from someone starting out. I used to
do alot of woodworking years ago in school, but we had all the high
power/industrial tools (loved the $80,000 planner they had). Now,
don't have any tools except for miter, hand saw, and drill. I am
wanting to start making furniture, with first being entertainment
center.

Any recommendations or ideas would greatly be appreciated.
- Clayton