Duane Bozarth

Glen Duff wrote:

I just bought a tenon jig for my 12" General Table Saw. It seems pretty
straight forward except when cutting a tenon on a standard saw blade you
either have to reset the jig after one cut on each side or cut the cheek
off with a cross cut. Either way it seems like a lot of fussing,
particularly when you usually want to do several tenons at a time.

Can a tenoner be used with a dado blade so you can set it up once and
cut each side of the tenon in one pass? Am I missing something here?

Yes...need set of spacers and duplicate blades. Delta sells a fairly
pricey set.

Do all cuts at one time for all tenons, then cut the shoulders. And, as
you note, unless there are a fair number of the same size, it may be
quicker to cut them by hand...

Don't know which jig you bought, either. I've not been particularly
impressed w/ any of the present roughly $100 ones from Delta, Jet, PM,
etc... I was lucky and found one of the old heavy Delta's some time
back. They're still available but are in the $300 range new...but have
the mass to be really stable.