Ed Huntress

(remove "3" from email address for email reply)
"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:02:02 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Please distinguish this from a cheap cloth or tyvek thing that will
not do any good at all.

Also, wear a cheap fume mask (I paid $8 each for three 3M fume
masks at my welding supply a few years ago, and I still have two of

them).
Wear it, or you may get zinc fume fever, which is temporary but

thoroughly
miserable. It feels like the flu.

Happy welding.

In the mess of top-posting and with a reference below, I think you're asking
for the way to identify a fume mask. g

If so, it goes like this: On the side, it says "Metal fume mask." Other than
that, it says so on the box. d8-)

They're kind of thick and fuzzy, but so are some of the throw-away paint
masks. So you have to ask for the specific thing.

They're available online. 3M offers several types. Any decent welding-supply
will have them in stock. You can get fancy ones, but I have no trouble with
the cheapest types.

It's not something I use very often. I've been using the same one for over
two years. I keep it in a plastic bag between uses.

--
Ed Huntress